3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Left justify text in Layers, Sub-Objects & Material/surfaces lists.

popwfx

• Advanced Member

I personally would appreciate if text in the Layers, Sub-Objects & Materials/surfaces lists could in fact NOT be centered. If you left-justify them they are much easier to read (at least with a left-to-right language - I don't know if 3DC is availble in right-to-left languages but if so then it should probably be right justified for those users)

Centering them makes scanning a long list hard to find things. Often times I will use naming conventions for my layers or sub-objects and something might be called:

building.front.spec

building.front.depth

building.entrance.depth

See how this list below lines things up better and is easier to visually scan?

building.front.spec

building.front.depth

building.entrance.depth

I don't want to sound like I'm splitting hairs or nitpicking an otherwise excellent application. It's just minor stuff like this that is easy to do adds up and helps workflow. Also, hopefully doing this might lead to the Layers list eventually having thumbnails like in Photoshop or linked masks in-line like in Photoshop etc. Or dare I say a filter/search box at the top of the Layers lists for long lists - though this may not be as needed if folder groups (as in my other thread) is added...