3DCoat Forums

Some questions

• Advanced Member

Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding the use of 3dc.

1: Can I change the color or shader object (white by default) merge tool? (before "apply")

2: Can we move the selection outline? (As with the space ZB)

3: Can we force the straight line selection in the X, Y, Z or 45 °? (As in ZB with the shift key)

4: Can you switch a straight line and curve with the contour selection tool?

thank you :)

--------------------------------------

1: Peut-on changer la couleur ou le shader de l'objet (blanc par défaut) de l'outil merge ? (avant de faire "apply")

2: Peut-on déplacer la sélection de contour ? ( Comme dans ZB avec la touche espace )

3: Peut-on forcer la ligne droite de sélection sur les axes X,Y,Z ou 45° ? ( comme dans ZB avec la touche shift )

4: Peut-on alterner une ligne droit et courbe avec l'outil sélection de contour ?

Merci

Kargall

• Contributor

Quick answers for number 2 and 4:

The only selection outline that you can currently move is the "draw with closed spline" mode in the "e" panel.

I actually think that "draw with closed spline" is the best selection mode. You can create any shape you want with it, and it creates very nice and smooth results.

Right-click on points to make them hard or curved.

3. Yes this is the same as ZB or PS, although I can't remember when you press shift in ZB or PS at the moment. In 3DC start your stroke, then press & hold shift, then move your stroke in the direction you want to constrain in. It snaps at 45 degree increments.

• Contributor

Cool ! :)

@TimmyZDesign:

Thank you! It works. but then you can not move a perfect circle?! :(

Yes, unfortunately you cannot move any of the other selection modes (perfect circle, etc.) Several users have requested this functionality to be added to 3D-Coat on this forum. I don't know if a Mantis request has been generated.

@Javis:

Thank you!I Try again and again with all Keystroke combinations and it does not work. :blink:

Yes, SHIFT-constraining does not seem to work for me either. The only constraining possible is with the Transform tool, and that is only while holding down CTRL on the keyboard (version 4+).

• Advanced Member
Yes, unfortunately you cannot move any of the other selection modes (perfect circle, etc.) Several users have requested this functionality to be added to 3D-Coat on this forum. I don't know if a Mantis request has been generated.

I have great difficulty with English and I think I can not do that. Where is the forum Mantis? :blush::huh:

thank you ^_^

• Contributor

Yes, SHIFT-constraining does not seem to work for me either. The only constraining possible is with the Transform tool, and that is only while holding down CTRL on the keyboard (version 4+).

I was not able to edit my previous post, but I just wanted to be completely clear that I was referring to the Windows Version 4 Beta 9C(CUDA)(GL64).

Interesting, I was just painting the other day and used this, and it worked out OK. Maybe a bug? Any more information we can shed on this, maybe a video with steps to reproduce?

As far as I understood, we were talking about the E panel selection modes. The only one of those modes that can currently transform is the "draw with closed spline" mode, but that mode CANNOT constrain rotations to 45 degree increments. It is also not currently possible to create a perfect circle with that selection mode...Windows Version 4 Beta 9C(CUDA)(GL64)

I have great difficulty with English and I think I can not do that. Where is the forum Mantis? :blush::huh:

thank you ^_^

Don't worry. I will look for a Mantis feature request now, and if I do not find one, I will create one for us.

In any case, Mantis is here:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php