3DCoat Forums

Get Poly count so far in Manual Retopo

popwfx

• Advanced Member

Is there any way to see the current stats of a retopo as you do it manually? i.e. is there a window that lists things like:

total polys count

3 vertex polys (triangles) count

4 vertex polys (quads) count

n-gon polys count

number of vertices

etc.

This would be very helpful when creating game assets. thanks!

• Advanced Member

thanks. How can I tell where the triangle are? It says I have some in my retopo mesh, but I've only been using the quad tool and pretty sure didn't make any.

Also I don't get how it works when I hover with the Select tool? I have a ~177,000 mesh I've modeled in LW that I've brought in to retopo. that big mesh has 4 subobject/ layers - body, shirt, pants, shoes. I am attempting to retopo a single mesh out of the 4 meshes' surfaces (so that the clothes are part of the low poly mesh). The retopo is working fine so far, but I'm not sure why the numbers are changing when I hover with the Select tool now that you told me where to look. Is it only showing the # of faces for each layer/subobject? and if so, why is the "total" faces changing when I hover? Thanks for your help!

• Reputable Contributor

Also I found out that first choose Select from the left tool bar. Then deselect auto ( if it is selected) in the top menu and choose faces. Do this before selecting for triangles. In the linux version if I keep Auto selected and choose select triangles they are highlighted for a second but do not stay highlighted. Whether this is the same in the windows version I do not know.

• Advanced Member

Also I found out that first choose Select from the left tool bar. Then deselect auto ( if it is selected) in the top menu and choose faces. Do this before selecting for triangles. In the linux version if I keep Auto selected and choose select triangles they are highlighted for a second but do not stay highlighted. Whether this is the same in the windows version I do not know.

good to know - I'll look out for this.

Also, is there a "fit to selected" like in Lightwave? I know about Shift+A (which seems to work in the Paint room but is inaccurate in the retopo room) - where it would zoom the viewport to the selected polys/items?