3DCoat Forums

discuss on marquee

ldzywsj

• Advanced Member

Selecting the exact area is very important for the texture making apps,especially for 3d texture making apps.And marquee is in the near development plan of 3dc.So let's discuss on marquee.

I have a good idea about marquee :lol: :rolleyes: ,making full use of low poly mesh(it's faces,vertexs),because the low poly mesh is the key structure of a model,we can select faces and conert them to marquee,we can draw closed spline(marquee) by sanpping to vertexs.please have a look at the attached pic.so when we hit 4, it should switch to show low and hight poly mesh wireframe just like in topological symmetry tool,now in draw mode 3dc only show hight wireframe and when drawing spline it can't snap to vertexs.

I am sorry it is out of the topic,Andrew,can you imporve the topological symmetry tool?now the topological symmetry tool automatically select the whole symmetrical faces and then make clone.but some times we only want to clone a specified area to another,so it 's better we can select multi faces what we want while selecting red faces.

post-641-1216040232_thumb.jpg

Selecting the exact area is very important for the texture making apps,especially for 3d texture making apps.And marquee is in the near development plan of 3dc.So let's discuss on marquee.

I have a good idea about marquee :lol: :rolleyes: ,making full use of low poly mesh(it's faces,vertexs),because the low poly mesh is the key structure of a model,we can select faces and conert them to marquee,we can draw closed spline(marquee) by sanpping to vertexs.please have a look at the attached pic.so when we hit 4, it should switch to show low and hight poly mesh wireframe just like in topological symmetry tool,now in draw mode 3dc only show hight wireframe and when drawing spline it can't snap to vertexs.

I am sorry it is out of the topic,Andrew,can you imporve the topological symmetry tool?now the topological symmetry tool automatically select the whole symmetrical faces and then make clone.but some times we only want to clone a specified area to another,so it 's better we can select multi faces what we want while selecting red faces.

I want to make a symmetry copy mode using pen (not just one button copy red<->blue).

Also I want to make new mode in 'E' panel - select single faces os source mesh. I think it is what you need.

• Advanced Member
I want to make a symmetry copy mode using pen (not just one button copy red<->blue).

Also I want to make new mode in 'E' panel - select single faces os source mesh. I think it is what you need.

Topological symmetry copy by using pen would be great!

Select single or multi faces on source mesh seems good.I think the source mesh should be fully used. for example,when draw a spline,we need the control point snap to vertex of source mesh for pinpoint.

In "E" panel,I more like "paint with closed spline" than "paint with drawn contour".

• Advanced Member

To my way of thinking,in 'E' panel "draw by closed spline" mode is the rudiment of marqee.I consider it's raw and should be improved.

A.The splines should be snapped to surface of model like draw strokes in retopo model.

B.The splines should have control points and can toggle hardness.

Andrew,please import the helmet obj file and have a try to select or draw the area which mark out in the first attached picture with the spline lasso,you will find it is a hard task.So snap to model and control ponts and toogle hardness is quite necessary.

c.If draw with spline lasso improves to marquee,it should have the ability to recognise the closed area automatically which mark out in the second attached picture.

post-641-1216643825_thumb.jpg

post-641-1216643843_thumb.jpg