3DCoat Forums

copy/paste tool update

ghib

• Advanced Member

Hello, Sorry for re-posting this but I have a feeling that it might be getting overlooked due to the original thread being in 'Support' instead of here. The thread also turned into feature request so I'm a bit confused as to where it belongs.

Is this issue still in the to-do list. I just had a look at the 3D-Coat 2.10 BETA5 (Release candidat) and it doesn't appear to have been looked at/fixed. I really like this tool but in it's current state is a fraction of what it could be.

cheers.

Hello, Sorry for re-posting this but I have a feeling that it might be getting overlooked due to the original thread being in 'Support' instead of here. The thread also turned into feature request so I'm a bit confused as to where it belongs.

Is this issue still in the to-do list. I just had a look at the 3D-Coat 2.10 BETA5 (Release candidat) and it doesn't appear to have been looked at/fixed. I really like this tool but in it's current state is a fraction of what it could be.

cheers.

Excuse me, it was really forgotten.

The bug that was mentioned in that thread was reproduced and will be fixed tomorrow. I will try to do multi-layered transform tool if it will not take too much time because making 2.10 is sooo long.

• Advanced Member
Excuse me, it was really forgotten.

The bug that was mentioned in that thread was reproduced and will be fixed tomorrow. I will try to do multi-layered transform tool if it will not take too much time because making 2.10 is sooo long.

Nice one Andrew. Wasn't sure about the state of this bug so thanks for the update. Hope to see all the suggestions make it in as I think this tool could be unique amongst all the 3d painters I've tried.

Good luck on the 2.10 release :)

Nice one Andrew. Wasn't sure about the state of this bug so thanks for the update. Hope to see all the suggestions make it in as I think this tool could be unique amongst all the 3d painters I've tried.

Good luck on the 2.10 release :)

ok, I have fixed bug and made possibility to transform one layer or all visible layers. But there is no possibility to transform merged layers.

I think it is enough at least for 2.10 :)

• Advanced Member

Fantastic news. Thanks for following up on this obscure one.

*edit*

p.s. Just tried this out on the new '3D-Coat 2.10 BETA5 (Release candidat)' All works very well here but it highlighted something else. You have recently implemented the ability to isolate 1 layer by holding down ALT and clicking on the eye. Unfortunately (still holding ALT) and clicking on the isolated layer doesn't toggle back to previous state (i.e showing all previously visible layers).

I don't know how other people work but I generally use the isolate method to quickly determine exactly what is painted onto that layer. (around 80% of the time. the other 20% will actually make edits on that isolated layer)

I understand that you want to push on with the next release so I doubt this will make it in but thought it worthy of a mention.

thanks.