3DCoat Forums

delete polygons

joshy

hi

3d coat is advancing day by day, actualy now on hourly basis. thanks to you

retop tool is really great. i am a new user to this forum and i would like to have the polygons deleted by brush.

it would be very fast if polygons would be erased by brush rather than cklicking one by one.

and also if there is some thing that could remove a group of polygons rather than clearing all the mesh by clear mesh tool

thanks a ton for developing such a software

cheers!

bye

Thare is already what you need. Use hide tool to hide faces (using pen ,rectangle, object, matriaal, .... any) and then use Hide->Delete hidden faces permanently

edit: ops, really, now I see my mistake - there is no such tool for retopo. But you can use combo - select & operate - select faces and press Del. Anyway it is also easy way.

• Advanced Member
Thare is already what you need. Use hide tool to hide faces (using pen ,rectangle, object, matriaal, .... any) and then use Hide->Delete hidden faces permanently

I don't think so, Andrew.You can use hide tool to hide faces of retop mesh? No,hide tool now is only able to hide the reference mesh,but not the retop mesh. If I'm not missing something;)

• Advanced Member

haha,let me make a summary.I think joshy are requesting two features(this topic better to posted at "Feature request" board").

1: delete by brush in retop tool

Edit: Yes,as rimasson said below, select and operate mode can do this work.

"to delete polys :

in select and operate mode : select the desired polys, (shift = add poly to selection) then press "Suppr" once.

"

2:"remove a group of polygons rather than clearing all the mesh by clear mesh tool"

explain: maybe delete connected area ?

That' what I am understanded. :lol:

• Advanced Member
haha,let me make a summary.I think joshy are requesting two features(this topic better to posted at "Feature request" board").

1: delete by brush in retop tool

explain: select & operate cann't replace this feature.For example,if I want to delete a area of polygons(say 40),If I use "select & operate",I must click 40 times of the mouse.

If there is a feature called "delete by brushwhen I enter this mode,I don't need even one click,just hold the mouse and paint the area where I want to delete.

That's actually simplify life. :)

2:"remove a group of polygons rather than clearing all the mesh by clear mesh tool"

explain: maybe delete connected area ?

That' what I am understanded. :lol:

to delete polys :

in select and operate mode : select the desired polys, (shift = add poly to selection) then press "Suppr" once.