3DCoat Forums

advanced add points&face

joshy

The latest addition to the Retopo toolset is just great, coool and very quick! really cool and very handy

Is there any way to fill all the points marked rather than RMB click to each four points

I dont know whether adding this feature would help

but i love to see how it works

thanks

The latest addition to the Retopo toolset is just great, coool and very quick! really cool and very handy

Is there any way to fill all the points marked rather than RMB click to each four points

I dont know whether adding this feature would help

but i love to see how it works

thanks

Do you mean some sort of auto - filling? Auto - operations are usually not good. Sometimes it is better to make 20 clicks instead of cleaning result of auto operation.

• Advanced Member
Do you mean some sort of auto - filling? Auto - operations are usually not good. Sometimes it is better to make 20 clicks instead of cleaning result of auto operation.

On a related note, it would be nice if you could just hold down the pen button and 'paint' the polygons in (this is how nex works) in addition to clicking between verts. I often lay down several points to form a polystrip in nex and then just paint a strip of polygons across the verts with one swipe. Would help reduce excessive clicking somewhat. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with these retopo tools. You seem to have incorporated the best features from all the major players in this area - which is awesome.

On a related note, it would be nice if you could just hold down the pen button and 'paint' the polygons in (this is how nex works) in addition to clicking between verts. I often lay down several points to form a polystrip in nex and then just paint a strip of polygons across the verts with one swipe. Would help reduce excessive clicking somewhat. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with these retopo tools. You seem to have incorporated the best features from all the major players in this area - which is awesome.

i agree that auto completion is a no no. agree on the paint polygon option. ^_^

If this is difficult, a good idea would be to have the option to set number of clicks in which a polygon is generated.

create a pont, second one , third. click on the spot where the forth would be, and the quad polygon would be formed.

keep clicking and you see that next polygon is appending to previous one.

if you set the option to higher values a ngon could be formed.

lower values than 4 , a tri is generated. maya and some other apps have those opptions.

Ignore me this is just in 3d coat toolset yet. :)