3DCoat Forums

Workflow for texturing mesh with 3 maps

baland

Hi everybody.

just trying to get my head around 3DC - what I saw until now it pretty impressive.

I have got a figure to texture with 3 map areas in it - DazV4, of course.

Is it possible to get the entire body as obj into 3DC, and use the original, 3-parted UVs for it?

The required result is just the maps, don't need the (already presculpted) geometry data.

Tried several ways, but didn't get a result.

Thanks in advance.

Btw - NICE application!

Hi everybody.

just trying to get my head around 3DC - what I saw until now it pretty impressive.

I have got a figure to texture with 3 map areas in it - DazV4, of course.

Is it possible to get the entire body as obj into 3DC, and use the original, 3-parted UVs for it?

The required result is just the maps, don't need the (already presculpted) geometry data.

Tried several ways, but didn't get a result.

Thanks in advance.

Btw - NICE application!

3D-Coat supports multiple uv-sets. But please check if they are not self-overlapping. Are you trying to import OBJ?

3D-Coat supports multiple uv-sets. But please check if they are not self-overlapping. Are you trying to import OBJ?

Hi Andrew, thanx for the reply.

I tried to work with an OBJ consisting from about 60 groups (some 66k vertices) and there are 3 non-overlapping maps applied. It#s the "millenium" mesh from DAZ 3D.

I simply seem to be unable to get my head around how to import the obj and the maps. Didn't find anything about that workflow in the manual.

Would love to work with :brush: , cause it's so much faster than ZBr on my XP64 machine, and the GUI is great, too.

Thanx!

Hi Andrew, thanx for the reply.

I tried to work with an OBJ consisting from about 60 groups (some 66k vertices) and there are 3 non-overlapping maps applied. It#s the "millenium" mesh from DAZ 3D.

I simply seem to be unable to get my head around how to import the obj and the maps. Didn't find anything about that workflow in the manual.

Would love to work with :brush: , cause it's so much faster than ZBr on my XP64 machine, and the GUI is great, too.

Thanx!

Is it possible to test that mesh? If possible, please send it to me (support@3d-coat.com). I will not distribute or use mesh besided testing.

OK - I've found a workaround. The Problem with Poser figures seam to be, that geometry and material grouping differs.

I'll get some more practice and will take some screenshots while working on a commercial project. Will set up a tutorial for the combination of Poser & 3D-Coat during the next weekend.

• Advanced Member

Do you just have Poser and 3DC? If you have Lightwave you can fix this fairly easily and output the model as a lwo to preserve the 3 UV sets. If not, auto uv-mapping might work but you'll have to re-export and re-rig the model in Poser because the UVs won't match.

-Oliver