3DCoat Forums

3D Brush 1.6

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gaal gergely

hi all, my first post here...

i downloaded the 3d brush 1.6 demo and would post some comments on it:

first of all, great idea to use normalmaps to detail a mesh, cool!

and you guys made a realy user friendly gui around this idea, everything is in the right place, clearly visible, and thought out well..

im using a sony vaio laptop (vgn-fs315m) with xp home sp2 on it, and when i start the program i noticed something...the page file is

seriously used in the background, after startup my page file usage went up from 252 mbyte to 685-ish megabyte! which made my hard drive scream like a pig..anyhow, after startup i could rotate the 3d view nicely (its like mayas), check out the presets, but when i clicked onto something, the page file jumped up again by 5o mbyte again...for example i was clickin on the color picker to choose a different color..

and the most annoying, when i tried to open up an obj file the prog freezes...i tried first the human head, clicked on it, and my page file went up to 1 gig and thats it, after five minutes i shoot out the prog from the scene....next try...i choosed the simple cube obj which comes as default with 3d brush...the same thing...so although the prog looks great, promises a lot of potential, the only thing what annoyed me is that i could not try it out :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gaalgergely
Thank you for reply!

How much memory do you have? (you need at least 512m)

How much video memory do you have? (you need at least 128m)

What kind of video card do you use?

i have 512mb ram,

and 128 mb for video card, its an nvidia geforce go 64oo