3DCoat Forums

Resampling-Decimate

FreezeFrame

• Advanced Member

Watched many of the videos. Picked up the basics in a few days. Thx.

I may have missed it but, I was wondering how to keep the details from distorting for "Resampling" (decimating). Is this possible by painting with pen, freezing or something!?

Haven't tested how many poly's I can go but I would like to keep it a optimal range.

• Contributor

I don't know if you're using Voxel or surface, and since my tip only apply to surface:

If you want to keep complete control over your decimation and still keep the details you want go with decimate/reduce brushes, you can manually remove polygons in unnecessary areas and keep the right amount where you want.

• Contributor

Watched many of the videos. Picked up the basics in a few days. Thx.

I may have missed it but, I was wondering how to keep the details from distorting for "Resampling" (decimating). Is this possible by painting with pen, freezing or something!?

Haven't tested how many poly's I can go but I would like to keep it a optimal range.

resampling and decimate are 2 completly different functions.Resample does not decimate.