3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] Problem Cutting Voxels

Ghastly

• Advanced Member

I'm having problems when I cut things in Voxel mode but not when I cut them in Surface mode. Here's what I'm doing.

1) I import a Genesis Mesh as a non-voxelized mesh just to have as a reference.

2) I re-import the Genesis to another layer mesh but this time hit close mesh and subdivide button and deselect merge without voxelizing.

Now I have one undistorted Genesis mesh as a reference and on another layer I have a voxelized version of the mesh to sculpt my clothing from.

Next I perform a VoxExtrude on the entire voxelized mesh and extrude a thickness of .4, Smoothing of 0 and extrude alone Vertex normal.

Now I have a thicker version of Genesis that encases the reference mesh and I can use this to start sculpting clothes. But for some reason after perfroming the VoxEtrude it is no longer a voxel mesh but a surface mesh. I have no idea why it does this and the video on VoxEtrude I watched on YouTube does not show this happening. I can turn it back into a voxelized mesh no problem though.

Now the next thing I do is start cutting off excess parts of the mesh to just leave what I'm going to sculpt into my clothing.

Here's where things get weird.

If I leave it in surface mode it cuts with no distortion although sometimes it gives me a boolean error message and won't let me make a cut I want to make.

If I cut i voxel mode It doesn't cut properly and I get weird results like this. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it.

post-38257-0-30492100-1392692861_thumb.j