3DCoat Forums

export from retopo to paint problem

• Advanced Member

what i did was cutoff the voxel version on left before i did autotopo.  then in the topo room i did UVS on the right side then symmetried over then baked out to paint.  so the right side works fine and the left side doesnt which is odd since its supposedly the same mesh.

at one point i had an error because the left side didnt have a corresponding voxel version to bake out information because i had cut it off.  so i did symmetry copy in voxel room and eliminated the error in retopo bake .  i was sure that had been the problem then i rebaked and BAM...same thing...bummer

Edited by blade33ru

• Advanced Member

i am aware that you need to fix the symmetry.  im pretty sure i did that.  because when i went to the topo room i only had one half of themodel and i fixed the symmetry to actually make the scond side show up  before i went to paint.

i dont know if thats actually the recommended process.  but on these robot models im doing i often have hundreds of layers.  so before i do retopo i cuttoff the left side to make autotopo easier and faster, then after i do UVs on that single side i fix symmettry then go to paint room.  it usually works out ok but on this piece it went slightly haywire.