3DCoat Forums

when trying to delete cavity mask layer = crash

Ballistic_Tension

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

• Advanced Member

in PPP imported a model from blender . clicked on smart materials it then does the cavity mask (auto) layer and I said yes to the ao  layer  but decided to delete the ao layer which it did then I tried to delete the cavity mask layer and 3dc crashed right away. I then reopened and a lot of my or all setups window popups  my whole layout was gone . I also had to set the Normal map Software Preset from unknown to blender meaning it crashed hard man... Its some bad mojo  I am not going to try it again . thanks for your time on this.

win8.1  (DX) 64 CUDA  AND 4.5.03 

• Advanced Member

Thanks Carlosan  I have in documents ( 3 )  3dcoat versions  1) 3dcoat V3  This only has one folder >Exchange which has 2 text docs     2nd) 3D-Coat V4       3rd) 3D-Coat V45   should I rename v4 or v45 as OLD then install 4.5.16 version  or can I just install  4.5.16 in there also?  I mostly just wait for the stable factory builds but would like to try this build as it is marked stable . thanks  same with windows 10 ill wait a bit till I load that up.