3DCoat Forums

Question about retopo -> paint room

Mr.Panka

Go to solution Solved by digman,

Hi everybody,

I have some questions about the retopo->UV->paint in 3Dcoat. I probably do something wrong because I have something like this at the end:

View My Video

I have my mesh in voxel mode, I clone and smooth it. Then, I use autopo, I unwrap UV and I bake with the 1st mesh. Do you have an idea of why this happens ?

I watched videos on youtube about retopo in 3DC, but I really new to 3D and I don't really know what I'm looking for and where to find the answer.

Thanks.

Edited by Mr.Panka

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

This made be your problem. 

Under the View menu, go down the list till you see "Show Voxels in Paint Room", deselect it...

The voxel / surface mode model will always appear in the paint room in case you desire to polypaint (vertex paint) without using a uv set.

Use the View menu to hide it or hide the model under the voxtree tab / Layer eye icon.

• Reputable Contributor

Dogma, I checked it and it is deselect. It happens when I have the layer "normal map" visible, so it's something I'm doing wrong with my UV I guess :/.

I'll keep looking at tutorials.

Share your 3DC file if possible through Dropbox, OneDrive  or any number of download sites.

This way I or others can give you a better answer to what your problem could be.

Edited by digman