3DCoat Forums

Importing multi-part mesh with multiple textures?

Cyrdion

In zbrush, id import the fbx and boom, everything assigned with textures showing.

I cant seem to figure how to do it in 3Dcoat. The mesh is triangulated if that matters. Im trying to import my triangulated mesh with 2 textures assigned to it (in Maya, 1 mat / tex for head and 1 mat / tex for body). Importing for per pixel painting causes it to crash. Is this maybe because Im a trial user?

The main problem is I cant assign my two textures (face and body) to their respective parts. If I import a body texture in the Paint room (after using Import Object), it'll show on the head and same for importing the head texture. How can I assign those textures to the specific mat or mesh part?

Not exactly but I think I can solve my problem by changing my workflow. However 3Dcoat seems to have little errors possibly that I cant figure out if its a bug or due to the program. For example you'd think I can simply import a mesh and do whatever with it (like im maya or zbrush) but 3Dcoat has these quirks that I need to adhere too due to rooms.

Like just now I tried importing an obj made in maya. All quads, no problems with it in Maya or Zbrush or even a Mudbox trial im also trialing. Importing that obj into 3Dcoat is fine if I import into the sculpt room as a surface. Problem is If I simply save it in 3Dcoats format (3b), then close the program and reopen, then load that same save, the model is gone. Nothing there. Just a blank volume. Which is troubling because now I dont know if its an error on my part or a quirk 3Dcoat has because anything I make IN 3Dcoat saves fine in its format.

Maybe zbrush spoiled me I dont know. Thanks for the help though.

• Advanced Member

try opening /loading that saved file and after its open hit shift a to zoom to it.  then open or try the transform tool  and look at the x,y,z,  and set them at all zero .  I could be just not in view or really small scale. worth trying or its something else.