3DCoat Forums

How to use brush depth in pixel paint.

Gwyvern

Heya all, this one's pretty simple. I'm trying to add detail to the normal, I already know how to turn off color and roughness for the brush, but the actual functionality of the normal editing has me a bit stumped.

To save a lot of words, I drew a sloppy diagram. What happens between stroke 1 and 2 is the left example, what I want to happen is the right example. 

0d67c42788e145b3b2521235e861e9f6.png

Also, I've been learning about smart materials, and have been trying to figure out how to scale the tiled effects of certain smart materials. I found someone asking the same question, and the only answer was to use the "magnifier" on "the top bar" Both of which are things I can't seem to locate.

This community has been very helpful so far, thank you all for your patience.

• Advanced Member

when you select a Smart Material a Long Window will show up its called Preview Options   it is here you will find the magnifier   it will be on the right side. You can also move the Smart Material Preview  window over your object to see how it will look .