3DCoat Forums

3DCoat to Blender Smoothing

Fafnir_90

I haven't used 3DC for a while and can't seem to find anything on this. If I take a model into 3DC to do the UVs on it and then import it back into Blender the object won't use smooth shading while the original still does. I seem to remember there being something to do with smoothing on export but I can't see it anymore under the list.

Is there something I'm doing wrong elsewhere or am I just overlooking something obvious?

3DCoat is relatively friendly to imported and exported media and usually doesn't screw it up for workflow using external apps.

Shading is performed during the rendering process. In contrast to flat shading with smooth shading the color changes from pixel to pixel. It assumes that the surfaces are curved and uses interpolation techniques to calculate the values of pixels between the vertices of the polygons.

When you import the model need to change the shade mode, the addon 3d view: display tools let you change it easily.