3DCoat Forums

Mesh with multiple materials/multiple UVs - data lost

Hi,

I'm working on an object that has 8 different UV maps and I imported the object with "use materials as seperate UVs". It was all fine (and it's also worked fine in the past) but I closed and opened my project and now parts aren't reading the correct UV maps. It's wiped data from layers. When I re-import a texture onto one of the UV channels I seem to be able to see it when I rotate the model at a certain angle which is strange.

It's reading the wrong UV when I opened it: e11bfba292.png

I rotate the camera and get some weird UVs: 31808d00a3.png

50 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

How many UVset do you have ?

I used 3DCoat's function to use the materials as different UVsets, 8 in total (it's called "Treat materials as different textures" for reference). But the mesh doesn't actually have 8 UVsets, only 1. I'm assuming it's lost the knowledge that each material is a UVset.

It's also worth noting I just created a new 3DCoat file with the same mesh and now when I open it parts of the mesh are frozen and I can't unfreeze them? Odd that I didn't get this issue the first time around.

Edited by sazberryftw

UPDATE: So I'm not sure how but I seem to have fixed it? I literally haven't done anything logical that would fix it. I closed and opened 3DCoat a few times, tried making a new file with the same FBX, re-exported the FBX, used an OBJ, none of these things worked. I then opened the original FBX into the UV room instead of the paint room and it imported fine, no frozen areas or strange UVs. Then I decided to open the original broken file and it opened completely fine exactly the way I left it when I saved.

So I have no idea what broke or how I fixed it.

• Like 1