3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Exporting single maps

kenmo

• Advanced Member

Well, I've finished texturing my roboto (see this earlier thread) and I'm pleased with 3DC's workflow for texturing. However I have a question. My model was developed in a modular fashion, arms, head, legs, chest, etc were all textured separately as separate objects and then assembled in 3DC's paint room.

When I export the finished robot as a single obj, I get multiple color maps, normal maps, displacement maps for each object (arms, legs, head, chest). I would like to have a single color map, a single normal map, a single displacement map, curvature map, etc.

is this possible in 3DC? and if so, how?

Cheers & many thanks...

Ken

robot-final.jpg

Do you mean you want all the uv sets combined into one uv set and then export the objects in the paint room as one obj file ?

or you want to export the maps and objects has one obj file with all the separate uv maps created upon export ?

Look at this video on using Multiple uv sets. Shows how to create multiple uv sets and move uv islands between. It will give you the understanding of how 3DCoat handles uv sets. 

• Advanced Member

I have NO idea what you are asking me? I can not be any simpler then I posted above.

Instead of having separate color maps (arm.jpg, head.jpg, legs.jpg, chest.jpg, feet.jpg), normal maps (arm_normal_map.tga, legs_normal_map.tga, chest_normal_map.tga, feet_normal_map.tga). I only want one color map robot.jpg and one normal map robot_normal_map.tga. 

When I export from the paint room I get ONE obj instead of multiple objs. This is what I want. BUT I get multiple color and normal maps. I don't want multiple maps.

Sorry but I can not be any simpler than that...

Can this be done? Yes or No? if Yes, how?

Cheers & many thanks...

Edited by kenmo

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the video. I watched it and it is exactly what I was asking. Thanks very much....

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Thanks kindly, used your technique and it worked like a charm. I was able to rig the robot via Mixamo and do a quick render in Vue Complete 2016 before going to bed... I would not have gotten this far without your help...

RobotRuning.jpg

• Like 2