3DCoat Forums

RANT: RE the "clear" buttons

Kierab

In the retopo room I keep ending up with stray points while I am working.  The "clear" under special doesnt remove them (if you are clicked on the wrong tool - I figured that much out at least), and the "clear" under common deletes ALL of my retopo objects.  This removing of ALL my retopo objects in a single click without any warning is NUTS and completely counter intuitive.  If I want to remove my retopo objects there is a little trash can for that in that tabbed window.  I lost hours of work when I misclicked and moved on (and saved) without realizing what I had done.  This button is EVIL and should be removed, or should at least pop up a message if deleting more than one retopo object asking if we really want to do this stupid thing or it should be set up like the clear in the Sculpt Room!  This is seriously poor interface design IMHO!  The clear in the Sculpt room performs more as I would expect - only deleting the ACTIVE LAYER.  This is the behavior I was expecting in the Retopo room's Clear button.  Please review this situation.

Outside of that, and constant crashing, I am LOVING 3d Coat.  </RANT>