3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Modifying voxel after vox hide

BrandonK

Hey guys, so I'm trying to extrude on top of an object. Thing is that I've transformed this object using vox hide. One click on that small extrude brush gives me that huge ellipse. The yellow guys on the back, I used cut tool so they are fine. How do I normally extrude the vox-hide'd objects? Or should I say how do I apply the form that I made with vox hide tool? Thank you.

2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by BrandonK

• Advanced Member

Hey BrandonK, Not sure I understood the first part of your question, but if you want to apply the form you made with the vox hide tool try this. In your "Geometry" menu there is a option to "Delete Hidden". This will remove all your hidden voxels  leaving you with what you only see in your viewport. Also take notice of the "Non-Uniform" warning in your lower statistics dialog in the bottom of your viewport. This can lead to unexpected results when using the tools. To fix, you can right click over your vox tree layer and select "to uniform space" or " to global space". 

2 minutes ago, ebitz said:

Hey BrandonK, Not sure I understood the first part of your question, but if you want to apply the form you made with the vox hide tool try this. In your "Geometry" menu there is a option to "Delete Hidden". This will remove all your hidden voxels  leaving you with what you only see in your viewport. Also take notice of the "Non-Uniform" warning in your lower statistics dialog in the bottom of your viewport. This can lead to unexpected results when using the tools. To fix, you can right click over your vox tree layer and select "to uniform space" or " to global space". 

will try that. Thank you. Anyway I've been working on it last few mins and seems like there was something wrong with some of the layers. While others are working fine those three voxels were giving me that weird huge ellipse brush effect.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Modifying voxel after vox hide