3DCoat Forums

Detailing

spacer

• Advanced Member

For the second question greebles are easy to achieve using some vox tools.  Tools to explore would be Cut off, vox hide, Bas Relief, import and primitives, split, vox extrude, vox layer, coat, and I'm sure there's more like the snake tool with the right models.  If I recall correctly there are some extra downloads 3D Coat has in the download section and some of these are greeble models.

For the first, I'm not sure I understand the question.  You can import objects to the sculpt room and just go to town.  In the sculpt room go to the file menu and there will be an option for import, then go choose the file you want to import (obj files work don't know what else).  That will give you a greyed out object with a gizmo, adjust the size and position to what you want and then hit apply and you've got something to work with.

The fastest method to do sci-fi panels is making texture planning

https://80.lv/articles/quick-tip-texture-planning-for-modular-environments/

The procedure is very easy if you copy the way to do it in Photoshop using paint room over the baked texture and paint only Depth Channel.

Sometimes view > 2D Grid can help too when use vertex lasso Stroke mode.

Add details with custom decals brushes -there is lot on internet or build your owns-

Decal.jpg