3DCoat Forums

Glass

kenmo

• Advanced Member

Let me start by saying what fun I'm having with this app... It's so easy and intuitive to texture and detail apps with 3DC, so much so it's starting to renew my interest in 3D again.... Havn't dabbled yet with topology or sculpting....

I have one question though and it's more about texturing within 3DC... How would I create glass? For example I'm texturing a building and I would like to texture glass for the windows...

Thanks kindly....

Ken

Let me start by saying what fun I'm having with this app... It's so easy and intuitive to texture and detail apps with 3DC, so much so it's starting to renew my interest in 3D again.... Havn't dabbled yet with topology or sculpting....

I have one question though and it's more about texturing within 3DC... How would I create glass? For example I'm texturing a building and I would like to texture glass for the windows...

Thanks kindly....

Ken

Maybe with transparency... Select layer 0 and try eraser (set degree to value less 1)

• Advanced Member
Maybe with transparency... Select layer 0 and try eraser (set degree to value less 1)

Thanks...I'll give it a try....!!!

Cheers

Ken

• Advanced Member

Sorry tried that. No luck. Is there a tutorial here on creating glass or some other transparent texture?

And not too sure what you mean about transparency...???? Transparency in eraser or paint brush or....?????

PS: I think I figured it out....

Cheers & thanks....

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry tried that. No luck. Is there a tutorial here on creating glass or some other transparent texture?

And not too sure what you mean about transparency...???? Transparency in eraser or paint brush or....?????

PS: I think I figured it out....

Cheers & thanks....

I meant transparensy in eraser - to make surface semi-transparent.