3DCoat Forums

Separate UVs.

photosw

39 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

First separate parts in your external app assigning different materials to any group.

At import, to every material an UVset is assigned.

Hope this help.

Carlsoan,

You may have misunderstood me or I may have not been clear.  I did all the work in 3DCoat.  I did not use any materials.  I can run them through a different application if I need to.   So specifically, I am trying to get it so Substance painter will basically have layers for painting.  One of mine will but I need to do some work on the UVs before painting this.  I need to know how I did this for future projects.  

Is there a certain export option needed to be used to accomplish this?  Do you have to do this from the Sculpt room?  I need details like that.  Another thing I am curious about is, is the UV orientation.  They appear to all be like the item is vertical when unwrapped.  I am used to them looking like they were taken from an image straight on and rolled out????

2 hours ago, digman said:

PM me if you want to use Skype for screen sharing and voice. I do volunteer at times using Skype as it sometimes quicker resolving a problem... There are questions I have about your workflow. 

I will message you on here if I need help.  I believe I figured it out last night finally.  As for workflow, I started this with no tutorials or training.  I am not sure that I have a workflow yet.  This is my first character with this amount of work.  However, I have played around with about everything.  I can end up getting everything to work but not sure I understand 100% of it and the methodology.  So I cut a head off a body and added it to another.  I learned the retopo items pretty well.  Learned sculpting pretty decently, painting is something that will not be that bad and worked in the UV room.  UV room is my weakness and all the different places to export and import.  I wouldnt be able to Skype tonight.  It would have to be tomorrow evening or the weekend.  Send me a message if you think I still need to.

13 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Are this videos useful for you ?

Lots of stuff I will review and use after I finish this character.  I ended up meddling my way through it.  (Well I think I have lol)  Everything is in different texture sets right now and about to start painting.

• Like 1