3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Quad, point, camera bug - steam version

Erza86

i had a lot of problem when saving the retopo file(3ds), sometime error happen to quad, point and stroke (add geometry tool), the quad tool suddenly pulled to nowhere and can not be controlled, the point/face tool also cannot put  the blue point, the camera also cannot point at pivot, when i use previous file the tool seems okay, but this problem make me redo my work again and again if the save file give another "add geometry tool" problem, should i uninstall 3coat and reinstall it again?

thanks

ask11.png

• Thanks 1

Usually steam update the app automatically, but this one is not, i will upadate it manually, this problem sometimes happen when i close the app and not save it while the last action is using any "add geometry tool", but i'm not so sure, the only thing i can do is rely on autosave and save the project with multiple file. 

Edited by Erza86

The layer on right says 2x, i have tried to understand voxel, and i think the model is not that small, my model is an entire human body and for learning 3d coat, for firts time i using autopo with stroke as guide edgeflow, and fix it again to get the near right human topology.

but i will check the snap option may be that would help

Edited by Erza86

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, Erza86 said:

Usually steam update the app automatically, but this one is not, i will upadate it manually, this problem sometimes happen when i close the app and not save it while the last action is using any "add geometry tool", but i'm not so sure, the only thing i can do is rely on autosave and save the project with multiple file. 

after last steam update, my app maybe 3/5 opens is crashing... hate this bug 

• Carlosan changed the title to Quad, point, camera bug - steam version

I have the same problem with the 4.8.23 version (quad tool snaps to outer space infinity). My version is not on steam.
the retopo quad tool is totally went haywire. auto snap is turned off. sometimes I can insert a point, and the magic infinity snap happens after that. resizing model doesn't solve anything.
no voxel version, I create models in the retopo room.

shot_2018-09-18_21-34-25--0001.png

I fix it with unusual way, 

1.open file 

2. Just change the snap option(top menu) to anything, and change it back to your last option

3. Save file

4. Close 3dcoat

5. Open again

For some reason i dont know the error on retopo just fix it self and i can continue the work again. 

• Like 2

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Quad, point, camera bug - steam version
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...