3DCoat Forums

Touch screen as pen

pickers

• Advanced Member

Hi,

I just bought a laptop with touch screen. I was wondering how to use the touch screen as a pen input to sculpt in 3d coat. Right now, i could only move the view in 3d space but couldnt "single finger" or "capacitive pen" sculpt on the object via the laptop touch screen. I have tried win-tab and tabletPC for tablet interface (preference), it doesnt seem to do anything. Can someone advise me on this?

Hi 

Sorry i dont have any reports about touch screen users but, could be this info useful for you ?

On 4/11/2017 at 11:35 AM, Edison Carter said:

I figured It out, after a lot of digging i found that there are a number of windows touch related registry settings at USERS/S 1 5 21/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WISP/TOUCH

regKey PanningDisabled set to 1 and reboot resulted in being able to touch the model and draw strokes, incidentally, if you click off the model at the background it will rotate again but if you click on the model or the UI it will resume drawing, which is a nice and useful side effect.