3DCoat Forums

[Solved] stencils saving position with camera scuplt/paint

pr1970

Hi All

So just trying to recreate a brick wall using stencils of height and also colour. I was trying to use a height map stencil in sculpt to create the brick geometry and then wanting to go into the paint editor and apply the colour texture on the same position/scale/etc. I tried saving the camera and also save stencil distortion. But when moving editors it also moves the position of the stencil, shifted to the side. Is this a bug? and is there another way of doing this type of work in 3d coat?
Thanks

Hi, Latest beta 4.8.42 and has this issue. But if i just go from sculpt to paint its fine. But if i move the camera, then load in the camera settings and stencil distortion setting its not lined up correctly.
Also, Any idea about the colour , it has to be done with a smart mateial?

thank you

Anyone have this issue thanks?

What i`m trying to achieve is bring in a colour brick texture that also has a heightmap. I`d like to add colour and also displace the geometry. The only way i can see to do it is to create a smart material with the brick colour , and an alpha stencil for the heightmap. But they dont align when you switch from paint to sculpt / smart material to stencil.

Edited by pr1970

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] stencils saving position with camera scuplt/paint