3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Import quixel megascans issue

mattaudio

3dcoat v4.9.49 / windows 10

3dcoat doesn't try to import anything on startup from my quixel folder (unzipped materials).

if i try the other way and manualy put zip files in the folder, 3dcoat ask me on startup for import but after saving materials(which i have to do for every materials) i can't use them:

"Material is broken. Texture .... not found, please choose the path where it is placed."

if i look in the 3dcoat pattern folder, some textures are missing on every material.

thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

The only working method i've found to import quixel materiasl is to do manual install from zip files.
I have to do it one by one for every material and save them one by one.
if i create a specific folder inside 3dcoat for organisation purpose, 3dcoat will copy textures from pattern folder to the specific folder (instead of moving them).
it end up with 3 copies of the same material on hard drive, one in quixel folder, one in pattern folder and one in the custom created folder.
3 duplicates for each scan material could lead to huge wasted space on hard drive, so i have to find duplicates and clean up every material in each folders.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Import quixel megascans issue