3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Texture export - DAZ

Kev914

I brought a T-shirt obj from Daz studio into 3d-coat. It was already UV mapped. I painted a texture and then I exported just the color map as a jpg. There are separate textures for each of the material zones, but the texture looks nothing like the UV map that the object already has. It looks like 3d-coat created the textures using some other UV mapping. Why? Did I miss an option or something on the export panel? I did apply a smart material and box mapping was selected. I'm not sure if that is the problem. But I went back and changed it to UV Mapping and then refilled the areas. For the trim, I only used a solid color and then was no drop down for choosing mapping for that.

When I import the model, I did have keep UV selected. Also, I did not export the obj because I already had it. I would like the textures to be laid out on the original UV maps, as I want to take them into Photoshop and combine them. But I can't do that because the layout is all different.

Thanks. I tried that, but I got a differe nt result, but not the one I wanted.  The first image is how the map looks in the texture editor when I'm in 3d-coat, and the second image (the Blue T) is the color texture that gets exported.

This use to work in older versions of 3d-Coat. I tried the next to last version too, but it does the same thing. There are those export presets. But Daz Studio isn't listed so I'm not sure which one to choose or if I have to choose one. It was on 3Dmax, but I also tried Maya, but the exported maps for either did not resemble the first image at all.

T-shirt.PNG

blue T.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Texture export - DAZ