3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Brush size difference between Paint viewport and Texture Editor

bokbok

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

Having moved from using Substance Painter to 3Dcoat, there is something that keeps bothering me and I think I might be missing a setting somewhere. I've Googled this issue several times, but I can't seem to find anything about it. 
In Substance Painter whenever I'm using a brush, I had the choice to keep the Size Space at "object", "viewport" or "texture". This is particularly helpful when painting a lot directly on the mesh as well as on the unfolded texture. Now in 3Dcoat, whenever I am painting with a certain brush size in the "paint" 3D vieport and I move into the "Texture Editor", the brush is much smaller. I have to keep reajusting its size, so I was wondering if there was an option to keep the brush size at object space. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Brush size difference between Paint viewport and Texture Editor
  • 1 year later...

Hi Carlosan,

I've just recently downloaded Textura 2024.17.  I am still getting this issue, it has apparently not been fixed, and it is making it impossible for me to consider switching to Textura and paying money for the upgrade from 3dCoat4.

My brush radius in the projection painting viewport is consistent, yet as soon as I move my brush across multiple uv islands in the Texture Editor to begin additional painting there, the brush size adapts automatically to the size of the uv island. If I mouse over a large island, the brush radius gets bigger, and over very small islands, it becomes tiny, and impossible to use. It's an absurd feature/bug that is immensely frustrating and gets in the way of my workflow. I have to continuously adapt my brush radius to what it needs to be. 3dCoat4 did not do this.

When I am painting in a painting program, I never want the program to be making tool or brush decisions for me.

I have searched all over Textura for options to turn this off, and have not found anything, anywhere. Sleuthing like a detective for options and trying to figure out the bugs of 3d Coat is still honestly a nightmare even in the most recent software and versions. It's also frustrating to come to the forums looking for help, and to find a 'fixed solution' that is not a fix for my up to date version, nor an explanation for how it was fixed, or explanation on why the issue was occurring, and if there is a way to deal with it if someone is still having the bug. Transparency is really not present with 3d Coat support.

Issue reported.

//edit

Andrew responded to this issue.

It is correct. The brush size corresponds to some radius in world space. But the UV density differs, so radius over UV differs to keep correspondence between world space radius and UV.

The sport in the 3D viewport and spot over UV will look similar; this is the purpose.