3DCoat Forums

Can't relocate user data on Mac (4.9.68)

Mikairi

On 7/30/2017 at 5:30 AM, Carlosan said:

Edit > Relocate 3DCoat's data

You may relocate 3DCoat's data folder in this dialog. Usually it is in MyDocuments, but you may place it in any other location.

0001045: Add an option in the preferences to select the path that you want to use for the user folder

I've tried to relocate user data on the Mac version (4.9.68) to several different HDDs and an SSD but I am always given this error message:

"The selected path is not writeable. Data can't be relocated. Please choose another location."

It does let me relocate within my main drive but not to an external one. Is this a Mac problem? Would there be another way to do this? I looked in Preferences but only saw an option to locate a location for Quixel files.

Hi 

There are several possible reasons for such problem:

1. Partial quarantine. To check that clear the quarantine flag from the whole "3DCoat" folder:
$ xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Applications/3DCoat-4.9.68
If you will download latest

then:
$ xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Applications/3DCoat-4.9.68 

2. "3DCoat" was unable to load some files. "3DCoat" folder should be placed on disk with case-insensitive file system. See format of your hard disk: Finder > Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Get Info > Format: ???? "3DCoat" doesn't support case-sensitive file system under macOS. 

3. Setting files of "3DCoat" have been corrupted. Rename your user data folder "Finder > Go > Home > 3D-CoatV49" into something like "-----3D-CoatV49". Then start "3DCoat" which will create new user data folder "Finder > Go > Home > 3D-CoatV49".

P. S. Also make sure that "System Preferences > Users & Groups > Current User" has status "Admin".