3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] 3Dcoat 2021.1 installing Extension issue

mattaudio

when i try to install some of my old smartmaterial library extension, 3dcoat crashes.

I've noticed that it crashes when the extension contains more than 20 smartmaterials.

Then 3dcoat can't launch anymore and crashes at startup. So i'have to delete my 3DCoat-2021folder to launch 3dCoat again but i lose all my preferences, licence, materials, etc.

The only solution i've found is to create multiple folders to divide my library into small chunk of 20 smartmaterials in 3dcoat 4.9, then create extensions one by one; import them into 3dcoat 2021 and merge folders by moving every material one by one.

During this process, I have to regulary backup my 3dcoat-2021 folder because if an extension install crashes, i have to start from scratch again.

it works but it's a very tedious process, any infos on that?

Coping smart materials from V49 into new folder structure works for some materials but now some materials are crashing 3dcoat 2021.

for some materials, i've got an error: Material is broken.

3dcoat is looking for a texture with this path:
documents/3dcoatv49/userprefs/smartmaterials/....

This is strange because 3dcoat look into the old path: 3dcoatv49
but with the new folder structure of 3dcoat 2021
so 3dcoat doesn't find the texture and crash.

as i mentioned in my previous post, creating extension package in v49 to import them into 3dcoat 2021 doesn't work either because 3dcoat crash if there is more than 20 material in the package.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] 3Dcoat 2021.1 installing Extension issue