3DCoat Forums

UI warning message after relocating data folder

E.V.

Hi guys, this is related to 3DCoat Textura (-39 and -40),

This is a similar to the previous issue I reported, so maybe it has something to do with it. Now that I'm more familiar with the app today I went to "edit/ relocate data folder" in order to save some space on my C drive and for faster loads, it seems it was a big mistake! =D

Now I have another permanent message in the UI: "Warning! Your serial number is used on another PC! You should exit immediately"

That was right after I did the relocate, but I would be glad if someone could confirm it is really a false alarm.

As the previous issue I had this also does not affect usage (for now at least). I tried installing the new v40, tried relocating back to "documents", tried "edit/reset", still no cigar...

Has someone experience this before? I saw some previous posts in the forum but not referring to "relocate data folder".

39 warning after relocate.PNG

39 relocate.PNG

39 reset set.PNG

40 error.PNG

Edited by E.V.
typo

I confess I was trying to avoid that on fear of locking out...

Now I've tried it just like you said. The message did not show after reinstalling the license, but I closed the app and in the next opening it returned (the message behavior), so I waited for some time and close it again.

Then after that all good, the message has disappeared! THANK YOU!!!! :yahoo:

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] UI warning message after relocating data folder
  • Carlosan changed the title to UI warning message after relocating data folder

Back to solved!

When you wrote "restart" I suppose you meant "restart the Windows OS", that helped me! I did restart Windows after each step and now it works.

I did test here for some 10 minutes, multiple openings/closes, the message is gone :yahoo: