3DCoat Forums

Brush Lag while using windows ink

Hey guys!
Over all I'm really happy with 3d Coat
but I've noticed that whenever I use my Huion Kamvas 24 pro I get brutal brush lag for the first milimeter, which means that for doing small and delicate brush strokes, 3DCoat is virtually useless for me... also when I try to rotate the camera in the viewport there's the same lag. (Basically whenever I drag the pen across the graphic display there's a lag)
I tried to disable windows ink and work with WinTab but then the brush stroke is applied with a large offset (Something to do with resolution and or scaling i think)...
If I disable windows ink and work with TabletPC, Pressure sensitivity stops working...
If I have windows Ink On and TabletPC On (which is what I have now) there's this lag....

I'd really appreciate some input because I really don't know what to do... It's really frustrating...

Thanks in Advance,
Evyatar Barok

Hi

Hope this help 

On 4/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, Gary Dave said:

Cheers,

Luckily, I did not have to go rooting through the registry to fix it. Turns out Huion have a few websites with drivers, which is confusing.

But I've found that we can indeed download older drivers from the main huion.com website!

The url is currently: http://www.huion.com/download/

So I grabbed the oldest one for my tablet, and I have no more issues inside 3d coat. 

6 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Look at Edit > Preferences > Brushing

Try switching Tablet Interface.

Preferences.jpg

Are you using latest version 2021.70 ?

Unfortunately that didn't work aswell... downloaded 2021.53...
tried Wintab... still has a HUGE offset from where I touch the screen with the pen to where the software is trying to paint (I try to paint on the eyelashes and it goes to the chin)...
TabletPC Results in the same brutal lag that I was talking about... (I start painting, nothing happens untill I drag the pen across the screen for like a centimeter or so and then it works as expected...) 
Besides, If I disable windows ink the pressure sensitivity doesn't work...

I think that the pressure sensitivity works tho on the Wintab, it's just that there's this huge offset I was talking about....
I'm really frustrated at the moment... 
I hope we can find a solution soon :(

Seems like I've found some sort of a temporary fix, I just set the pen display to my main monitor and I'm using WinTab now. set the display settings of the pen display to: Native resolution and scaling is set to 100%. 

I'm so happy rn lmao. I hope there's another way tho cause I don't really want the pen display as my main display lol

• Advanced Member
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

sprayer was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

A lot thing was changed, last version 2021.70, implemented update manager in startup menu, you do not need to change settings for scaling 3dcoat now, you can change font size etc in program. And tablet interface also was change in some version, so just find how it will work best to you and always update version if you have problems