3DCoat Forums

[Функция] Использование черно-белых масок слоев в покрасочной комнате

ZurokSlayer7X9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Could someone hint me to how this works? I add  a mask to a layer via the Photoshop like mask symbol. It appears. For some reason, it is already filled in the little preview icon.

I try to paint B or W into the mask, nothing happens. Maybe I am overlooking something, but currently at least in this first version, the mask functionality doesn't seem to work as expected.

I tried with Opacity, which it doesn't rely on. I tried with Eraser, which works, it erases the mask, but also erases the layer too, sadly.

Also, it is extremely buggy with undo. The UI itself and the ability to enable disable is already great. But if I'm not doing something severely wrong, the system is not yet usable.

Please have a look at this vid:

Edited by Henry Townshend
typos
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I was wondering how you got that mask icon. 2024.06 has been updated to include it but there is no information on 2024.06 that 2024.06 was updated.

It could still be a incomplete feature. I do not know. 

I redownloaded the 2024.06 windows version and now I have the mask icon as well. 

In the original 2024.06 with got clip masking but is was still the old style of using Transparency and not true black and white masking. 

Waiting for the next beta version to be released to see if we get true black and white masking. 

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Jeah I also figured he said "they will appear in .06" but that probably doesn't mean fully functional, yet, right.

The groundwork seems well done tho. It should work great once it does, as it has the basic needs in there already.

And I hope the undo instability/confusion will get fixed too once it's official.

Edited by Henry Townshend
clarify

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

A HUGE thanks from the heart for the implementation of B+W masks. They are working really great now since 2024.14, and having the additional advanced functionality already in, like converting existing layers to masks, is very welcome!

It's a fantastic feeling to finally be able to combine 3D Coats extremely good paint room tools with the robustness of masks.

Crossing fingers for non destructive adjustments to come.

• Like 1