3DCoat Forums

Very slow performance after hours of it being fine.

P1505C

Hi all.

I'm a new user of 3D Coat, looking at a migration from ZBrush. I've been playing with the demo for a few hours and all has been fine, but all of a sudden the performance is very laggy. I have no lags on any other software, haven't changed anything. The lag happened mid-operation (adding a new primitive) and no matter what I do I can't get it to stop lagging.

I have re-installed GPU drivers, ensured Windows 11 is up to date, restarted a few times, about to un-install and re-install 3D Coat. I'll probably buy the software to support the developers especially with everything that is going on in this crazy world of ours, but I'm concerned about performance if this is going to be my primary tool.

I can post hardware specs etc if that'll help.

Thanks.

• Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, P1505C said:

Hi all.

I'm a new user of 3D Coat, looking at a migration from ZBrush. I've been playing with the demo for a few hours and all has been fine, but all of a sudden the performance is very laggy. I have no lags on any other software, haven't changed anything. The lag happened mid-operation (adding a new primitive) and no matter what I do I can't get it to stop lagging.

I have re-installed GPU drivers, ensured Windows 11 is up to date, restarted a few times, about to un-install and re-install 3D Coat. I'll probably buy the software to support the developers especially with everything that is going on in this crazy world of ours, but I'm concerned about performance if this is going to be my primary tool.

I can post hardware specs etc if that'll help.

Thanks.

Do some tests working strictly in Surface mode and see if that, too, is laggy. If not, then we probably have a clue as to what it might be...Voxel resolution might be too high. Can you create and share a short screen recording of some kind, showing how/when this happens?