3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] 3Dcoat 2022.29 (x64) crash within 30 seconds

I've just updated my 3Dcoat from 2022.16 to 2022.29 becuase the external editor options in paint room were missing in the previous version for some reason.

Now I got back those functions but the program crash basically within 30 seconds after I load or create a file, any files (either a previous 3Dcoat file, or a new low poly fbx or obj)...

I tried to delete the 3Dcoat folder on user/documents, reset everything to default (even if it was a fresh install), run as admin and reinstalling.

As this been reported from other users? How can I fix it?
I can attach a video if required.

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, soullessita said:

I've just updated my 3Dcoat from 2022.16 to 2022.29 becuase the external editor options in paint room were missing in the previous version for some reason.

Now I got back those functions but the program crash basically within 30 seconds after I load or create a file, any files (either a previous 3Dcoat file, or a new low poly fbx or obj)...

I tried to delete the 3Dcoat folder on user/documents, reset everything to default (even if it was a fresh install), run as admin and reinstalling.

As this been reported from other users? How can I fix it?
I can attach a video if required.

I had a similar problem a few years back and I complained to Andrew about it...but he could not reproduce it on his end. I was perplexed as you are, now. It turns out that my Anti-Virus app was the root of the problem. Somehow, it keeping/blocking 3DCoat from opening documents it needs to, in order to operate properly. I went into the AV settings and added the program file, 3DCoat.exe, to it's exclusion list. You may try to do the same and make sure your firewall also has it on it's OK/Exclusion list. 

3 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

I had a similar problem a few years back and I complained to Andrew about it...but he could not reproduce it on his end. I was perplexed as you are, now. It turns out that my Anti-Virus app was the root of the problem. Somehow, it keeping/blocking 3DCoat from opening documents it needs to, in order to operate properly. I went into the AV settings and added the program file, 3DCoat.exe, to it's exclusion list. You may try to do the same and make sure your firewall also has it on it's OK/Exclusion list. 

I thought about that so I uninstall AVAST and removed all the entry on the firewall (windows defender), so when I open 3Dcoat it would've ask me to allow it or not (as fresh start).

It didn't work either...

On 6/2/2022 at 12:00 AM, alexn007 said:

Have you made sure you got all the windows updates installed ?

One other thing to add, which I'm sure you already tried, but I'll mention it anyway, as I find myself doing this from time to time to fix some weirdness I have with 3d coat every now and again.

Uninstall 3dcoat, and make sure to delete all your 3dcoat folders in my documents or rename them... I find deleting them makes me feel better. and then reboot, and then reinstall.  I know it's overkill, but that has actually fixed some issues for me in 3dcoat.  Hope that's helpful!

Good Luck!!!

Then try installing as administrator on default location C:\Program Files

3 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Then yry installing as administrator on default location c:\

I already tried both things (deleting 3dcoat document's folder) and I've never changed the default location (and run everything in admin).

I tried again to do the process all over again. Either with connection or without...

Program still crash few seconds after I start working on it.

It soudns weird but so far, the application with less problem was the old 4.9.36....

Edited by soullessita

Yes it help .
Please look at C:\Users\username\Documents\3DCoat

And send to andrewshpagin@gmail.com files 

!!crash!!.dmp 

!!crash!!.log 

crash.txt 

crash_in_crash.log

And if you like send the project file too using the command Help > Send File to support@pilgway.com
Thanks !

41 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Yes it help .
Please look at C:\Users\username\Documents\3DCoat

And send to andrewshpagin@gmail.com files 

!!crash!!.dmp 

!!crash!!.log 

crash.txt 

crash_in_crash.log

And if you like send the project file too using the command Help > Send File to support@pilgway.com
Thanks !

Ok I did no longer have the document's folder, but I just install the prorgam on my Surface Pro 7.

Got a crash report on first run.
And got a silent crash on any other run.

I attach on the e-mail all the crash_log files generated on my surface's attempt, a screen of the error (on first run) and a clip, from my desktop, showing everything from me running the program, opening a random sphere and wait till it crash (which is as I said within 30 seconds).

Hope you're able to provide me a solution ASAP... and thanks for your help.

Edited by soullessita

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] 3Dcoat 2022.29 (x64) crash within 30 seconds