3DCoat Forums

How many triangles can i expect to get with a surface pro9?

artistmitch

Question

7 answers to this question

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, artistmitch said:

The specs for a surface pro 9 are below.

Cpu: 12th gen intel i7-1255u

Graphics: intel iris xe graphics 

memory: 32gb ram

32gb ram ... probably 20-40 million... however ... you wont be able to do much with it as it will be very slow

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, artistmitch said:

Thanks for the advice, i might check out some computers, i was gonna get a new one anyway so its not to much of a hassle. 

dont get me wrong though ... if you currently have one right now ... 3dcoat will run nicely on it

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, artistmitch said:

What would you recommend for using 3dcoat without getting slowness?

dont worry too much about gpu... get a good cpu , lots of ram ... a basic gpu will get you great results..

i use a vega 64 ... its cheap but i can sculpt 50-60 million and it doesnt slow down ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elemeno said:

dont worry too much about gpu... get a good cpu , lots of ram ... a basic gpu will get you great results..

i use a vega 64 ... its cheap but i can sculpt 50-60 million and it doesnt slow down ..

Hold on 50 to 60 million without slowness that’s perfect, thats well enough for what id like to do.

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, artistmitch said:

Hold on 50 to 60 million without slowness that’s perfect, thats well enough for what id like to do.

i have a rather cheap build , i have a vega 64 , 10900k and 64 gb ram ... i have completely changed my storage to ssd not sure if it makes much difference

3 hours ago, Elemeno said:

i have a rather cheap build , i have a vega 64 , 10900k and 64 gb ram ... i have completely changed my storage to ssd not sure if it makes much difference

Thanks for the advice, i might check out some computers, i was gonna get a new one anyway so its not to much of a hassle.