3DCoat Forums

3D printing in color

Hello,

Since the beginning of my use of 3DCoat, I only use the voxel and the 3D printing room for all my projects and I generally export ready-to-print objects to an OBJ or STL file.
I have no idea how the other rooms work because I don't need them. (paint, UV, retopo, etc...) and because I can't see the colors.
But today I need to send a 3D file to an external company in order to print something in color.
The supplier asks me for 3 files in order to print in color:
An OBJ file, a PNG and an MTL
For this project I prepared a file with separate elements and just changed the color of each one from the shader tools using the requested RGB codes.
But when I export I only have an OBJ and MTL file and the supplier can't print in color with that.
I've read a lot of tutorials but now I'm completely lost and asking for help to find a correct way to just get the PNG file.
Please how to export colored file?

projet trimaran.png

To export png you need to bake shader colors to textura.

And that process is done in retopo rrom

Right click on your model in the sculpt room, choose Autopo, then your selection or Just use the Autopo function and work through the process. Both will take you though the process but one is a little more automatic.

3DC workflow is not quad polygons like Zbrush so the model needs a quad retopo mesh created for it, uv seams and unwrapping plus baking.

The vertex colors will be baked for the model.

Watch the videos from 14---18 to understand how these functions work, this will save you frustration.

Hello,

First thank you for trying to help me and second I wish you a happy new year.

I tried to use the autopoto tool but I never have a PNG file result when I export.

The only way I found to get PNG files didn't convince me because I have a lot of PNG files and the 3D printer vendor only asks for one.

what am I doing wrong in the following video?

2023-01-07 18-26-53.mkv