3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Move tool stops working

I'm still using 4.9.60(can't get used to the newer UI and controls), but this is an old problem that I never figured out how to fix. Sometime deep into a project, the move tool will stop working. I can save, exit, reload, it still won't work. If I start a new project, it works fine, but not on any file that it's already stopped working on. Is there something I might be clicking by mistake or is there some action taken in a project that cancels it out? This is greatly inhibiting my progress.

4 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

the model was scaled on one direction ?

press RMB over the mesh 
Is To global space applied ?

image.png

RMB only brings up this. image.png.42c8bc86b61144e66ca0fd37428a40c3.png I'm not sure if it's because of the version I'm using or if it's whatever mode I'm in. The same one that was just shooting out into space has now stopped responding to Move tool entirely like the others.

4 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Try RMB over the mesh layer

I am shooting in the dark
Last chance will be Reset 3DC to do fresh install

image.png

---> try upgrading to latest version 4.9.72

:( Reset settings didn't fix it either. It's something going wrong in specific files. It doesn't happen in all of them, just some of them. I can open up another file or start a new one and the tool works fine. But once it's broken in a particular file, it stays broken even if restarted or settings are reset.

Sorry for the repeated posts, but trying to share as much info as I can as I come across it or as I think of it. I've had this problem occassionally across different versions. It's like I take a certain step and suddenly move stops working even if that wasn't the tool I was just using before it happened. And once it happens, it's like there's no reversing it. I can undo my last several actions and it's still stuck like that.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Move tool stops working
8 hours ago, Carlosan said:

you are right, something is blocking move on Paint Room

When i delete all Paint room Layers, all work as expected

image.png

Bug confirmed

Yeah, I was able to use the tool again after removing the paint layers as well. It's a bit inconvenient when you're trying to use paint layers to mark off non sculpted features. Definitely a bug. At least now I know how to prevent it though.
Thank you for trying so much to help me with this. It's greatly appreciated.

Edited by NecrochildK
  • Thanks 1