3DCoat Forums

Licence appears not to be working

Our establishment has recently purchased several licences for 3DCoat and 3DCoat Textura 2022.

Im trying to run Fserver 1.18, and have tried to add all the licences to the request box, however its only accepts one licence.

Also when I run localhost:8888 I cannot see the licences, I only see this

Connection to global license server status: Connected successfully

Generated by 3DCoat: FServer 1.18 Windows GUI (64-bit)

The port 8888 is open on the server

I have emailed support but have yet to receive a reply, can someone advise on how to get this to work, as the documentation isnt very clear.

Thank you

On 4/13/2022 at 12:13 PM, SERGYI said:

Please contact me by email: support.linux@pilgway.com. Provide your online floating serial and number of seats.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:56 AM, SERGYI said:

Floating licensing scheme is designed to be used inside local company. Standalone license for laptop would be much more convenient because your will not need connection between your laptop and your local license server "FServer". Anyway according to your log local license server "FServer" has successfully acquired your license (the the first screenshot). To install as "Windows Service" do [RMB] START > Command Prompt (Admin) (pay attention to the Admin) > cd C:\3D-Coat-FServer > FServer_Service.exe install > [RMB] START > Computer Management > Services and Applications > Services > [RMB] 3D-Coat: FServer 1.8 Windows Service (32-bit) > Start (see the second screenshot). Close GUI "FServer" before starting service!
Additional information:
To make sure that client machine can connect to your local license server "FServer" on machine with "3DCoat" client run web browser and enter IP:PORT (by default PORT between local license server "FServer" and "3DCoat" client is 8888 and it can be changed with "Edit Port" button or inside plain text file "port.dat" within "FServer" folder) of your server hardware where you have installed "FServer". Find out IP of your server hardware from the list below "Found X interfaces" in "FServer" log (in your log these would be 127.0.0.1:8888 for the same machine or 10.0.0.97:8888 for other machine).
Run "3DCoat" client and instead of serial number enter the same IP:PORT combination which you used to monitor local license server "FServer" in web browser or manually edit plain text file "This PC > Documents > 3D-CoatV48\floating.dat" where "3DCoat" stores IP:PORT of local license server "FServer". You can also specify IP:PORT on client machine with environment variable COAT_FSERVER instead of plain text file "floating.dat" (under Windows 10 START > type Control Panel > View by: icons > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables... > System variables > New…).1. Log.jpg2. FServer-Service.jpg