3DCoat Forums

[Feature] Curves area...

Ogier

Hello everyone,

I would like to use the Curves to paint areas of material delimited between two curves (closed area). I don't see any way to fill an area like this directly.
For the moment, I apply a stroke to each of the two lines then I fill with the paint bucket... but it's not ideal, it often generates worries and a lot of manipulation.

There is so much in 3D Coat.. did I miss something? Or does the function really not exist?

Thanks in advance !

Ogier

screenshot : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bcJcgivDy-Rf6P5VIX__dq-5STKA0X23/view?usp=drive_open

Yes, absolutely, thank you :)
But in fact I wanted to be able to use the new curves because they are saved in layers in a panel and can thus be reused.
I work on clothes. This would allow me to apply my color areas on a texture layer, and then on another layer to reuse the curves to generate a perfectly superimposed seam.
With the curves we can also think of painting and in places generate a zipper in 3D element, always perfectly superimposed...
here to narrow down my search

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer!
Ogier

And no...
This is not quite what I had in mind because I wanted to fill an area between two paths, which would allow for a non-linear cut in the depth. Like in my screenshot.

In addition, with this principle of zone between two curves, this makes it possible to use the curves in a second step to generate a seam with a graphic strip.

There, with your projection principle, I cannot generate a seam automatically...

Anyway thank you for your reply ! :)

913077475_ScreenShot03-13-23at06_44PM.thumb.JPG.6101f86512945f1675da829c3e28da1e.JPG

Yes thats exactly it. Sorry, I should have done the hatching myself.
I haven't found any way to do this simply. For the moment, I draw a thin line on each of the curves and I fill with the paint pot. This is not a quick and effective solution (you often have to touch up the edge of the filled area with the paint bucket).

that's what it seemed to me...
But since 3D Coat is crazy software... sometimes there are functions that we hadn't seen!
What's the best way to communicate this to developers? I would like to ask if it is possible to implement this function... I think that in terms of code everything is present to add it without it being something very complicated...

Thanks for taking time to respond to me !
I wish you a very good day !

Ogier

• Carlosan changed the title to [Feature] Curves area...