3DCoat Forums

[Solved] No response in 1.5 week from sales or support

Go to solution Solved by stas3dc,

Hi folks

Am I the only one not getting an answer from Pilgway when trying to sort out an upgrade question regarding the ongoing sale? My current license (2022) runs out in July and it would be preferable to extend that license instead of upgrading the license form V4 since that would give me a 1 year maintenance but then I miss the 3 month left from my current maintenance.

But it's impossible to upgrade from version 2022. If that's the case then what's the point of having the sale then? The current sale price is just like the regular price x 3/4 for loosing 3 month of maintenance.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Best Regards

Hans Christian

• Solution
5 hours ago, Hans Christian said:

Hi folks

Am I the only one not getting an answer from Pilgway when trying to sort out an upgrade question regarding the ongoing sale? My current license (2022) runs out in July and it would be preferable to extend that license instead of upgrading the license form V4 since that would give me a 1 year maintenance but then I miss the 3 month left from my current maintenance.

But it's impossible to upgrade from version 2022. If that's the case then what's the point of having the sale then? The current sale price is just like the regular price x 3/4 for loosing 3 month of maintenance.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Best Regards

Hans Christian

Hello Hans Christian. We do not have the option for 3DCoat 2022 upgrade if your 12 months free upgrade term is still going on because we do not sell maintenance itself.

We sell only licenses for the ready stable releases in the Download section ( with subsequent 12 months of free upgrades as a gift - but that is not equivalent to the sale of maintenance from the law perspective  ). Please find more explanations here https://3dcoat.com/documentation/manual/getting-started/activating-3dcoat/ .  That is why you cannot make the upgrade of your 3DCoat 2022 now.

Now you can download 3DCoat 2023.09 and use it. You will be able to make the upgrade to the nearest stable build after your free upgrade term is finished. The sale is going on for the people who have finished 12 months free upgrade term. Sincerely, Stanislav.

2 hours ago, stas3dc said:

Hello Hans Christian. We do not have the option for 3DCoat 2022 upgrade if your 12 months free upgrade term is still going on because we do not sell maintenance itself.

We sell only licenses for the ready stable releases in the Download section ( with subsequent 12 months of free upgrades as a gift - but that is not equivalent to the sale of maintenance from the law perspective  ). Please find more explanations here https://3dcoat.com/documentation/manual/getting-started/activating-3dcoat/ .  That is why you cannot make the upgrade of your 3DCoat 2022 now.

Now you can download 3DCoat 2023.09 and use it. You will be able to make the upgrade to the nearest stable build after your free upgrade term is finished. The sale is going on for the people who have finished 12 months free upgrade term. Sincerely, Stanislav.

Hi Stanislav

Ok, thanks  - That explains it. But since you are going to increase prices after the sale an upgrade from 3D Coat V4 to 2023 now at current sale price would probably be better financially than waiting 3 months for my 2022 version to expire and then buy the upgrade for normal price that is increased on top of that.

I will always prefer to have the latest version installed.

Best Regards

Hans Christian  

21 hours ago, Hans Christian said:

Hi Stanislav

Ok, thanks  - That explains it. But since you are going to increase prices after the sale an upgrade from 3D Coat V4 to 2023 now at current sale price would probably be better financially than waiting 3 months for my 2022 version to expire and then buy the upgrade for normal price that is increased on top of that.

I will always prefer to have the latest version installed.

Best Regards

Hans Christian  

Hello Hans Christian, the upgrade price from 3DCoat 2022 will be 45 Euro, but from 3DCoat V4 will cost 89 Euro for V4 Prof and 230 Euro from V4 Amateur.

3 hours ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

image.png

Do these items work for you?

Maybe they do. What I mean by not being able to upgrade is not being able to upgrade with purchase from my account. Apparently that's on purpose because now Stanislav stated that the upgrade from 2022 to 2023 will be €45 and that substantially lower so I'm actually happy that I technically couldn't upgrade because that would have been a bad deal then compared to what Stanislav states.

Best Regards

Hans Christian

4 hours ago, stas3dc said:

Hello Hans Christian, the upgrade price from 3DCoat 2022 will be 45 Euro, but from 3DCoat V4 will cost 89 Euro for V4 Prof and 230 Euro from V4 Amateur.

Hi Stanislav,

That sounds very good. Then I'm actually happy that I couldn't technically upgrade because that would have been a bad deal then. I just wish that the upgrade price would have been stated somewhere so us with 2022 version wouldn't speculate so much regarding ways of upgrading vs. sale. 

Edit: Ok it actually is. But I didn't expect all that information would be stated in such a note. I "imagined" that it would be stated at my own upgrade personal information. That's why I didn't notice.

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts!

Best Regards

Hans Christian

Edited by Hans Christian

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] No response in 1.5 week from sales or support