3DCoat Forums

[BUG] Can't set hotkey for change parent - root.

• Reputable Contributor
36 minutes ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

I sent the developer a description of this problem. Hope it gets fixed. Thank you!

I don't know that it is a bug. Why not? Because when you RMB click the Sculpt Tree layer, to bring up the menu, you have a decision to make when you choose the CHANGE PARENT (or other options in that section of the list menu). Do you want to select from a 2nd list (containing a list of all the Sculpt Tree layers) or use the Pick by Click method. You have to click the icon for the latter. Andrew perhaps thought it wasn't an option where a hotkey assignment made sense, for this reason.

I often choose this RMB option and was thinking just the other day, about how it could be made easier to access. For one thing, I think it is too frequently used to have to RMB click and move the cursor all the way to the bottom of a long list menu. It's not very efficient, that way. Maybe re-locate that section further up the list, to the 3rd or 4th section...so these boolean options are close to your cursor = fast selection.

• Reputable Contributor

This video demonstrates the ways to assign a Parent layer and to be honest, I think it's quicker to just drag a layer onto the one you want to make the parent. Even faster than hitting a hotkey > and picking in the viewport, although I think the Pick by Click option for Change Parent should be allowed to invoke with a hotkey.