3DCoat Forums

Render Frame Sequence / animation not working in 2023

supereasy1001

I am running the 2023.22 and am unable to get the Render Frame Sequence option from the render settings panel to work. It renders no frames or video even though is steps through all the rendering (which takes  a good while).

Running the Render Turntables option from the help menu also does not function.

Doing a standard single frame render does work.

Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

supereasy1001 was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

Thanks very much for following up. 

I matched your setup and press NEXT, it immediately started the frame rendering. There was no file location pop up.

However, it did render the MP4, which I found in Documents/3DCoat/UserPrefs/TurnableVideos.  

I quit the app and run it again and this time I get a pop up to select a file location to save the MP4. Tried a different location an it didn't render. Checked the previous location and it was not saved there. Rendered again saving to /documents/3dcoat and it rendered correctly.

So it appears that it will render to that location.

I also noticed that when changing the render area to a custom size the yellow box doesn't seem to update. It did so after restart, and then would not update again without a restart.

Also, the yellow render area is often not centered. Selecting the camera gizmo and viewing from any direction immediately centers the render area. 

off center.png

failed size update.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

After further experimentation, I am finding that even if I set the number of "frames in turn" to 720, it only processes 4 frames. I can watch it do so as it calculates rays in the upper right corner of the screen.  It never actually saves these frames anywhere, nor does it create an mp4.

This is really impacting my art pipeline and ability to deliver rendered turn arounds for art review.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for following up. 

I did in fact just test it on a different game asset of the same type (a marble it up ultra lop poly marble), and it does seem to be working. I'll do further testing to figure out why it is failing on the other models. All of these models were created in an older versions of 3dcoat, load and display correctly.

• Like 1