3DCoat Forums

Project-based Swatch Palette

alvordr

• Advanced Member

We really need a project-based color palette where we're not locked into foreground/background colors and having to shift each one as we paint or to have to select from a multitude of unrelated project colors in a swatch palette.  For example, I would love to have a way to pick a color and set it as a color swatch (circle icon on the UI to choose from when painting.  Having to separately safe which colors out of say 10-15 for a project is awkward and time-consuming.  Is this doable?

I know that we have a swatches panel, which basically serves this purpose, but what I'm asking for is not to have a default of many colors I'm not using to then remove them and save just the ones I am as another palette each time.  Give me a New Palette option there and let me save my colors that way or if I don't want to have to try to find the right color out of something like the first image attached here, give me something like the second I've attached as an example.

2023-08-27_14h25_50.png

2023-08-27_14h17_01.png

Edited by alvordr

• alvordr changed the title to Project-based Swatch Palette
  • 3 months later...