3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Recursive Folder Import for Quixel Smart Materials

Rarshad000

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

Hi Team, 

I'm using Quixel Bridge to install Smart Materials on my device, and Quixel Bridge automatically extracts the folder on my device. 

When I tried installing the Quixel Smart material into 3DCoat, I was originally getting a blank white material. The import was failing. 

Upon further inspection I realized this was because the .zip file I created had a parent folder of the same name. 

Example (Incorrect zip structure):  concrete_smooth_vh0xccl.zip/concrete_smooth_vh0xccl/(previews, Thumbs, vh0xccl.json, vh0xccl_2K_Albedo.jpg, vh0xccl_2K_AO.jpg, etc)

Example (Correct zip structure):     concrete_smooth_vh0xccl.zip/(previews, Thumbs, vh0xccl.json, vh0xccl_2K_Albedo.jpg, vh0xccl_2K_AO.jpg, etc)

Feature Request: [Recursive Folder Import] 

Given a .zip archive file look through children and subchildren folders recursively and find all files ending with the *.jpg and *.png file extension and import appropriately when installing a Quixel Smart Material. 

• Like 1

I can do you one better. 
Here is the exact Material I used that failed to import. 
I sent this to support so I found the older .zip file (with the incorrect directory structure) in the email attachment. 
I hope this helps. 

If you try importing it, it will only be a blank white material. 
If you remove the parent folder of the same name and try importing it again, the material import will work. 

marble_polished_ufojbixl.zip

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Recursive Folder Import for Quixel Smart Materials