3DCoat Forums

Surface Indentation/Protrusion Mode

Javis

Here's another older one, I know you said you were planning on it before, but I wanted to officially post it here in the forums so you have reference to it. :)

http://www.screencast.com/t/O6lfTt7nWpH

Video pretty much says it all. But, I've also been thinking about how it would function, instead of making it one single tool, it would be even better if it worked with all the pen modes (drag rec, drag ellipse, drawn contour, etc) so that way you could quickly create circles, and other shapes no problem! So some kind of tickbox similar to the backfaces one in the pen modes popup would be preferred.

Here's another older one, I know you said you were planning on it before, but I wanted to officially post it here in the forums so you have reference to it. :)

http://www.screencast.com/t/O6lfTt7nWpH

Video pretty much says it all. But, I've also been thinking about how it would function, instead of making it one single tool, it would be even better if it worked with all the pen modes (drag rec, drag ellipse, drawn contour, etc) so that way you could quickly create circles, and other shapes no problem! So some kind of tickbox similar to the backfaces one in the pen modes popup would be preferred.

Yes, I miss this too. The only problem is: When does the program know, that you are working on a "current drawing session". I mean, the program doesn't know when the lines should crossover and extrude and when not.

My proposals for this problem are two possible options.

1 option: A checkbox that ban extruding when crossing while skulpting generally.

2 option: A value that offers a general maximum skulpting depth

What Du you think?

Yes, I miss this too. The only problem is: When does the program know, that you are working on a "current drawing session". I mean, the program doesn't know when the lines should crossover and extrude and when not.

My proposals for this problem are two possible options.

1 option: A checkbox that ban extruding when crossing while skulpting generally.

2 option: A value that offers a general maximum skulpting depth

What Du you think?

I was thinking a checkbox, and depth would be determined by you indentation value of your brush. It would give much more control over it. By which you could have a keyed value (constant) or variable based on pen pressure, while still not indenting on an already indented area.