3DCoat Forums

Object tranform - Rotations

3DTutorial

Question

Hello friends,

Ok, so I have an issue.  Often it it necessary for me to use the transform tool to locate my object elsewhere in 3d space and of course we have the transform tool to accomplish this.  Often I will want to return my object at some point while working to its initial position which can be accomplished simply by typing in the coordinates into the transform tools position value fields.  However, quite often I will also need to apply rotations to my object and here is where I have an issue.  There does not seem to be a way for me to enter rotational values on the XYZ axis in the same manner that I can do with position.  Am I missing something?  Are these values not exposed?  I don't see a field for the input of rotational values.  I need to be able to return my object to its exact positional and rotational values but I'm not sure how to accomplish that. 

NOTE: I know that I can enter rotational values for XYZ, however there does not seem to be any display of the current rotational values in the transform tool interface.  For example the values for position are clearly exposed but there is no such display for the current rotational values. 

Is it possible?  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by 3DTutorial
clarification

3 answers to this question

Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

3DTutorial was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

Hi Carlosan,

I'm sorry I did not explain myself well.  What I mean to say is that Position values are displayed in the tool but not rotational values.

• Thanks 1

I do not know if I understood correctly

Press over X Y Z keys on Tool option to assign a value

image.png

Or keeping LMB pressed over any gizmo's icon press spacebar to assign a value

image.png