3DCoat Forums

Basic things i think 3d Coat need to have

• Advanced Member

Hi here are some of the things

If you have a layer with specular only, be able to freeze transparent pixels in that layer or freeze specular paint.

Be able to rotate and move objects in Paint mode.

I know that you cant make transparency erasing with layer 0, but is not to clear for a new user, and there is no option to export that transparency map, I see that you can edit the layer 0 in photoshop but again is like a hidden feature.

In edit all layer with external editor, you can not actually edit all the maps, only the color, we need to have a way to edit the specular information to.

Finlay better unwraping result i still use blender for unwrap my models.

This is my humble petition :pardon:

• Advanced Member

Vote for all of the above.

Also, for painting it would be useful to have a blending mode dropdown for layer spec to add, subtract, multiply, etc and a spec opacity for each layer. Just like color and depth.

I second that, too.

Espacially the unwrap-tools should be improved and optimised. It would make 3D Coat perfect. I don't like to switch to other tools, to make (clean) unwrapping and move back to 3DC to paint the textures.

• Advanced Member
Unwrap in Blender VS 3D Coat.

post-426-1248694912_thumb.png

post-426-1248694948_thumb.png

I like the Blender UV map much better as it is more "Symmetrical" and would allow for a more consistently painted texture. Andrew please change this and please allow the ability to scale, stretch and rotate the UV maps too! :)

• Advanced Member
I like the Blender UV map much better as it is more "Symmetrical" and would allow for a more consistently painted texture. Andrew please change this and please allow the ability to scale, stretch and rotate the UV maps too! :)

Why stop there? I think if you are going to add UV tools, why go half way? Stitching, relaxing, and editing/tweaking uvs in general should be more capable. I'd love to be able to keep my meshes in 3dc after retopology as well, and do my UVs there. Currently I send my meshes over to UVLayout. I wouldn't expect as robust a toolset as that, but definitely some more basic tools for creating and editing UVs would be nice.